Please read the booking conditions carefully. You must agree to these before confirming a booking. Reservations for accommodation are accepted on the following conditions:
1. The contract of hire is between the hirer (guest) and us (the property owners of Eddies by the Sea).
2. The contract of hire is deemed to have been made once a deposit of 25% of the holiday price (or total amount if within 4 weeks of commencement of the holiday) has been paid and confirmation of the booking has been despatched by us to the guest.
3. The balance payment is due by 4 weeks before the holiday commences. If the balance is not received by the date due on the booking confirmation, at our discretion, we reserve the right to make the property available for re-booking. Payments can be made by Internet Bank transfer.
4. The property is available for occupation from 6pm (occasionally earlier) on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 9am on the last day (unless otherwise agreed).
5. The licence from us shall permit the guest and members of the guest’s party as shown on the booking confirmation (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. It is not intended to create a tenancy. No more than 6 persons may occupy the property unless by prior written agreement with us. Extra charges may be applicable. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
6. We reserve the right to revoke or refuse prior to, or during the stay, any booking from parties which we consider to be unsuitable for the property, without providing a reason. Due respect and consideration to neighbours must be observed at all times.
7. You must be 18 years old at the time of booking and have the legal capacity and authority to book the holiday as the lead name.
8. The guest must keep the property clean and in good order and will be responsible for any damages or breakages. During the period of occupation the guest is responsible for the care of the property and its contents. Eddies is non-smoking and no candles to be used within. We reserve the right to seek financial recompense if the property is left in a less than satisfactory manner (for additional cleaning, clearing of mess, disposal of rubbish and careless damage).
9. We shall not be liable to the guest or any member of the guest’s party for any injury, loss or damage to their property or person, however caused. Guests should ensure that all personal possessions are removed on departure from the property. We reserve the right to dispose of any guests’ personal belongings after the departure day of the guests from the property without further reference to the guests.
10. We reserve the right to refuse any booking and to cancel any booking already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood etc.) for any reason whatsoever subject to a full refund of all monies paid. We shall not be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs. (Note: In the unlikely event of a cancellation, we will make every possible effort to secure alternative accommodation if required).
a) If a booking is cancelled less than 4 weeks before the start date of the booking a full refund will not be issued unless the reason for cancellation meets one of the following criteria (Please note that appropriate supporting documentation or an official letter from a medical professional may be required);
i) A named member of the party is unable to attend as a result of being summoned for jury service during the holiday.
ii) A named member of the party (excluding pets) is unable to attend as a result of illness or injury which means they are unable to travel. No refund will be issued if the illness predates when the booking was made. No refund will be issued if an injury suffered was as the result of a leisure activity.
iii) A named member of the party suffers a family bereavement up to 1 calendar month before the start date (excluding pets but to include husband, wife, partner, father, mother, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother, sister, grandparents and children).
If one of the above criteria is met a full refund will be issued. If none of the above criteria are met a refund will not be issued unless the property is rebooked by another guest in place of the cancelled booking. In the event the property is rebooked a refund of the monies paid by the cancelled guest will be issued minus any discounts issued at our discretion in order to achieve a replacement booking.
b) If the booking is cancelled more than 4 weeks prior to the start date of the holiday the deposit will be retained, minus any discounts issued at our discretion in order to achieve a replacement booking. The remaining balance will be refunded if it has been paid.
12. Force Majeure. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines, ferries or any event outside our control.
13. We cannot be held responsible for any perceived inadequacies and all details written (and verbal) including on our website are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to amend our property details and prices quoted on the internet due to error or omission. In this unlikely event the potential guest will be notified immediately and may cancel their provisional booking accordingly.
14. We cannot be held responsible for any 3rd party breakdowns, malfunctions or cuts of utility services such as electricity, gas, water supplies, sewage disposal although every attempt will be made to remedy a problem where possible should it occur. In the case of television and telecommunications (mobile reception, wifi/broadband, etc.) we cannot be held responsible for the services to the properties. While we expect these services to be operating as normal for all guests’ enjoyment these can be subject to interruptions especially in rural areas. Every line of enquiry will be made with the provider in an effort to resume service but no refund or relocation will be considered for interruptions to telecommunications or television.
15. Legal. In the event of any dispute between the parties it shall be referred to the jurisdiction of the English Courts only and any action shall be heard in the Court for the area in which the property is situated. Any contract shall be governed by English Law and interpretation.
16. All photographs and property descriptions are the property of Eddies by the Sea and cannot be used for any purpose whatsoever by any other party unless by prior written authority by us.
These booking conditions supersede all previous issues.