- There is no level access to Eddies
- There are 9 steps from the street to the front door
- There is a step over the threshold at the front and at the back
- There are 11 steps from the back courtyard up to the back patio
- There is a step from the front path up to the front patio
- There are no lifts or ramps
- There is no level access inside Eddies
- There are 13 stairs from the ground floor to the family bathroom level
- There are 3 further steps from the family bathroom level to the bedrooms
- There is a small washroom on the ground floor which has level access but is very small
- There is a step in the bathroom to get into the shower cubicle
- There are no lifts, ramps or hoists
- The taps are lever operated but the shower has a twist handle
- Eddies is non-smoking in all inside areas
- We have non-allergic bedding
- All bedrooms have windows
- Bedrooms have ceiling lights, table lamps (or clip on lamps for the bunks) and natural daylight
- Subtitles are available on the television
- The decor does not have high contrast colours, it is cool pale similar tones
- There is no hearing loop.
Access by public transport to Eddies is very difficult as the nearest railway station is Barnstaple, about 12 miles away, which has a rail link to Exeter only. The two bus service routes from Barnstaple are very limited, one route ending over a mile away in central Ilfracombe. Hele Bay is on the bus route running from Barnstaple to Combe Martin via Ilfracombe. It is about an hour bus journey from Barnstaple. The nearest stop is at the entrance to Beach Road. Taxis are available locally in Ilfracombe town centre and will pick up/drop off in Hele Bay.
Parking is on street and free. It is not limited by permit or pay machine, so not guaranteed to be close to the front gate to Eddies, although there are generally spaces available in the street close by. There is a low cost council owned public car park with its drive-in entrance approximately 100 metres from Eddies (and it is approximately 80 metres from Eddies to steps leading up into one corner of the car park).